Last updated: 05/26/2017
How We Collect Personal Information
1 Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
We may collect Personal Information from you in the following situations:
1. When you register for a member account. This may include your name, address, and other account information.
2. When you submit or update estate planning documents to the Services. This may include website login information including usernames and password.
3. When you add personal details, family information, and other information related to your use of the Services to your account.
4. When you sign up for any newsletters or other materials through our Services.
5. When you purchase a membership from us. This may include your credit card or other payment information.
6. When you provide information to us through a third-party application, service or website.
7. When you communicate with us or request information about us or our Services, whether via email or other means.
8. When you participate in any of our marketing initiatives, including, contests, events, or promotions.
9. When you participate in forums, reviews or provide user generated content or submissions.
We also automatically collect information via the Website through the use of various technologies, including cookies and pixel tags. We may collect your IP address, browsing behavior and device IDs. This information is used by us in order to enable us to better understand how our Services are being used by visitors and allows us to administer and customize the Services to improve your overall experience.
2. Information Third Parties Provide
We may collect all of the Personal Information described herein from authorized third parties, including estate planning professionals.
3. Device Information
When you use our Services through your computer, mobile phone or other device, we may collect information regarding and related to your device, such as hardware models and IDs, device type, operating system version, the request type, the content of your request and basic usage information about your use of our Services, such as date and time. In addition, we may collect information regarding application-level events and associate that with your account to provide customer service. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
Usage, Behavior and Preference Information
How We Use Information
5. Usage of Personal Information
We may use personal information in order to:
Store, protect, and ultimately distribute your estate planning related Personal Information as directed or required by law.
Process credit cards and other payment information for fees associated with the Website or your membership.
Provide users with customer and technical support as requested or necessary.
Contact you and provide you with information about TrustedHeir, our services, and offers from our affiliates and other Users.
Analyze, improve and manage our Services and operations.
Resolve problems and disputes, and engage in other legal and security matters.
Verify your identity and prevent impersonation, spam or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
In addition, we may share your personal information as requested by you or as required by any requirement of law.
Additional Important Information
6. Analytics and Advertising Services Provided By Others
7. Links to Third-Party Websites
8. Disabling of Cookies
Some web browsers may give you the ability to disable cookies or use a “do not track” feature that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. Please note that utilizing these methods may prevent you from accessing all of the Services’ features.
We take your security seriously and use various electronic, physical, and managerial safeguards to reduce the risk of the inadvertent disclosure of your Personal Information. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee the safety or security of your Personal Information when you use the Website or the Services. You agree that you transmit Personal Information to TrustedHeir solely at your own risk.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California customers to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California residents may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information, if any, we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes within the immediately preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information within the immediately preceding calendar year.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to the contact address listed on the Website.
11. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you believe we have any such information, please contact us immediately so we may review and delete any personal information we have.
Last updated: 05/26/2017